Tuesday 26 August 2008

Be Unlimited Broadband, now with special rubbish service

I've been a happy customer of Be's for a long time (18 months). But the last 2 months have been miserable.

The exchange I'm attached to, along with a good number of others, has been blessed with the following message:
Network Slow browsing/download speeds at the following exchanges: STREATHAM; NORBURY; BALHAM; HENDON; PRIMROSE HILL; BARNET; KINGSTON; SURBITON.

It also has the cute message: Some Issues - Things Could Be Better

Let me tell you how cute I think that mesage is.

Customer service is completely unhelpful: 'Head office haven't given us any feedback on when things will be fixed. You'll find out when it's fixed in the forums.' Apparently there's an upgrade needed, but I suspect there's no cash for the upgrade and customer service has been asked to tap dance with customers.

No refunds or rebates, a weak explanation, and no reduction of my leaving period (3 months). Since it still barely works, and I'm busy, I haven't done much about it. But I'm pretty sure I'm going to switch back to BT. When I had a telephone problem a few months ago, BT were here the NEXT DAY (yes, it was an Openreach guy, but somehow BT has more suction with them). That compares quite favorably to Be's 2 months.

For the geeks: I'm getting as little at 1.9Mbps instead of the 17Mbps the modem is syncing at. And I'm getting 6-20% packet loss on pings.

Aaaaaaarrrrrgh.

1 comment:

Rahul Islam said...

I agree Be Unlimited is rubbish. I get random disconnections. They claim its number 1 gaming broadband.

Its complete nonsense. I get speeds upto 8 MB and they claim I'll receive at least 17MB let alone 24 MB.

It is utter crap, I have been with the isp less than 3 months, its been causing problems, after problems.
Can't wait to return back to Sky. Sky broadband never caused these problems!